Digital particle imaging (DPI) is a novel analysis method for placer gold that relies on the distinct color of gold. A high resolution image is created. The automatic HiGrade DPI particle analyzer detects gold particles and calculates the gold grade of the sample. The automatically generated report also includes unique statistics on the particle size distribution and particle shape. The analysis takes less than 5 min, requires no consumables and is non-destructive.
HiGrade now offers a comprehensive tool for industrial and scientific applications, including dedicated prospectors, mineral laboratories, exploration firms and placer operations.
Samples of a known volume or weight are panned to retain only a small mass of concentrate (typically < 1 gram) which contains visual gold. This sample is then distributed in a single particle layer shallow water bath on a custom sample holder. A high resolution scan of the sample is produced in a controlled lighting environment with the lid of the case closed. The HiGrade DPI Particle Analyzer then determines 4 key parameters:
1. Calculated gold content (based on calibration parameters or in comparison to other samples in its database)
2. Particle count (number of gold particles in the sample)
3. Particle shape (shape of gold particles with respect to their angularity)
4. Particle size (in mesh or micron)
1. Submit approx 10g of pan concentrate, containing at least 100 representative gold particles
2. We scan and calibrate against ISO 9001 certified fire assay
3. We provide a report with accuracy and calibration data
4. The calibration data set is included with tool purchase
5. REQUEST A QUOTE over the phone or email form - We respond immediately
Download a sample calibration report:
1. HIGRADE Digital Particle Imaging and Analysis software package
2. Protector case with laser-cut foam insert for maximum protection in harsh environments
3. Scan hardware and custom sample holders
4. Computing hardware
5. Includes accessories for sample presentation and sample removal
6. Pre-installed and tested, no installation necessary - Plug - and - Play
7. Power: 110VAC or 220VAC or 12VDC version available
8. REQUEST A QUOTE over the phone or email form - We respond immediately
Jonas contributed to placer gold projects since he graduated in 2014 with a master's degree in mineral processing from RWTH Aachen University (Germany).
The foundation for automated placer gold analysis was then laid by Professor Wotruba, a globally recognized expert in placer gold exploration and recovery.
HiGrade's development efforts were closely coordinated in various applications ranging from individual prospectors to international exploration firms. Robust hardware and intuitive software serve a wide range of industry experts.